Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Upcoming Training

Whew! Getting ready for the training we will have next week has been hectic. Big huge thanks to Bryan Bullard and Amanda Kirby for coming today to help me with the binders we are putting together for you guys. They sacrificed their day for me and I really appreciate it!!!

I'm getting nervous about the training next week because the State Department has not released the Power Point about Standards Based IEP's in the correct format yet, and SEASWeb does not have the goal sheet in its correct format yet. But we will work with what we have, right!

This will be a big year of changes for us, so everyone just hang in there with me (again!).

Today's tip to boost your Special Ed. IQ is about Surrogate Parents...
Did you know that Districts have to ensure a properly trained surrogate parent is appointed for each child with a disability for whom no other "parent" is available. This surrogate may represent the child in all matters relating to identification, evaluation and educational placement and the provision of FAPE. However, this appointment in no way negates the natural parent's rights.

I am the chosen person for the Districts that is responsible for appointing surrogate parents. If you have a child who you feel needs one, please contact your principal or me!

I hope you guys are having a great summer. I will see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment